How many Morselite’s are working on getting a better night’s sleep? Studies show that getting a solid 7-9 hours of R.E.M. sleep can improve moods, skin, metabolism and overall health. Sleep provides our bodies time to rejuvenate, refresh and revive. http://health.wikinut.com/Six-Vital-Blessings-of-Sound-Sleep/1xr.4s0i/ The counter effects that lack of sleep bring include, mood swings, slower metabolism, tired skin and tired bodies. Also, our bodies crave sugar or caffeine to wake us up if we are out of balance, so if you are like most of us and working to REDUCE sugar/caffeine cravings, get your zzz’s! http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-requirements
Before we meet our guest blogger, an advocate of sleep, REMINDER: one week left for DEFEAT DIABETES contest.
Geraldine O’Keefe is passionate about Plants and Herbs. Her dream is that her company, Escape to Sleep™ will help people achieve better health and live longer by relaxing and sleeping better more naturally.
Her career spans over 40 years. She has worked with plants and herbs as a Perfumer registered with the American Society of Perfumers, as an Aromatherapist and Certified Herbalist here in the United States, Europe, and Japan.. She believes that herbs and plants can alter moods, rejuvenate and balance Body, Mind, Spirit and planet Earth..
Geraldine’s SLEEP TIPS
- Sleep with the Cosmic Flow, place your bed so that your head is directed toward the south, east or west but never to the north. Your body is a magnet with a north and south pole. Your head is the north pole. Place two magnetic poles together and there is a repulsion. So, sleep will be better when your head is placed toward any direction but north. Sleep well, live longer!
- Make sure your bed is comfortable. If you wake up achy and sore consider a different type of mattress and or pillow.
- Do not drink a lot of liquids in the evening. Escape to Sleep™ was created in a small bottle so that you can avoid having to get up in the middle of the night.
- Play some soothing music, burn some familiar incense or use a diffuser with some calming essential oils. Train your mind to accept these things as sleep signals.
- Do some light stretching yoga. Breathe deeply. Relax.
- Set a regular time and bedtime routine. Try to choose a time when you feel tired but make sure you can get your 8 hours in. Take a warm bath before bedtime. Shake to increase the effect (succussion) of your Escape to Sleep™ tonic and drink it on an empty stomach. Turn down the lights to help prepare your body’s clock for sleep. Turn off stimulating things like TV, computers, phones, etc. Listen to books on tape or read a light entertaining book, or scriptures. Take a few minutes to sit quietly and center your thoughts on your breath while giving the tonic the chance to work. Try not to break this routine so that your body stays on schedule. If you must, make changes in small increments.
- Wake up the same time every day. If you have had a restful night’s sleep your body should wake up naturally. If you need to set an alarm, you may have to set an earlier bedtime.
- Nap to make up for lost sleep. A daytime nap can make up for lost hours sleep. It is better to do this than to sleep later and disturb your routine. If you believe that a nap will keep you up during the night it is best to try to keep the nap time to a limit of half an hour in the afternoon.
- Try to reduce caffeine, especially in the form of coffee, teas and soft drinks. Avoiding stimulating foods especially in the evening.
10. Try to have dinner before 7 p.m. to avoid going to sleep with a full stomach. If you find yourself falling asleep after eating, get up and do something like going for a short walk, clean out your closet, straighten the kitchen, plan your day for tomorrow, etc.
11. Use yoga or relaxation to help reduce stress, detoxify your body and calm your mind
12. Do not stress about not sleeping. If you are having difficulty falling asleep, try taking the Escape to Sleep™ tonic earlier. Close your eyes and use your gentle yoga breathing techniques to get the oxygen to all of your cells and send a mental message to all parts of your body to relax. That will help you fall asleep. Concentrate on relaxing and free your mind of wanting to sleep. Visualize your favorite, relaxing place and let your mind and Escape to Sleep™ take you there.