Lessons often come dressed up as detours and roadblocks
Holy Moly! I’ve had more “lessons” than I’d like to count!
I’ve named today MORESLICIOUS MONDAY MANIA!
What have your detours/roadblocks/LESSONS taught you?
Please SHARE!! I LOOOOVE hearing from my favorite MORSELITES!
As a THANK YOU, I’ll share a MORSELICIOUS MEATLESS recipe!
(OK, I’ll share, regardless) 🙂 and how ADORABLE is this photo?
7 large carrots
1/4 cup olive/coconut or hemp oil
Juice of 1 lemon
6 cups vegetable stock (low sodium or make your own)
Ginger, an inch long, peeled (TIP: if you freeze, it’s easier to slice)
1 TBSP rosemary, plus more for garnish
4 green onions or 1/2 large sweet onion
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Black and red pepper to taste
1. Wash and cut the carrots into 1/2-inch rounds.
On a baking sheet, toss the carrots with 1-2 tablespoons of the oil
and season with black and red pepper and fresh lemon juice.
Broil the carrots until browned and huggable or soft, turning them over
every 5 minutes or so; this should take approximately 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, bring the stock to a boil, add ginger and rosemary and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Put the onion in a medium stock pot with the remaining oil.
Brown the onion over medium heat. Then add the garlic.
As soon as the aroma “hugs” your senses, add carrots.
4. Remove the ginger from the stock and add the stock to the pot with the onions and carrots.
Bring to boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the carrots are soft enough to blend.
5. Blend the mixture until a smooth puree. Add more stock or water to your liking.
Add pepper(s) to taste. Garnish with rosemary and a dollop of cashew cream
and hug your soup bowl for a cozy night in…
My goal is to reach 1000 fans on FACEBOOK by Christmas.
Will you please help? THANK YOU! www.facebook.com/macnmos